Did you get the QuickBooks error 6123 while opening a company file in your QuickBooks software? If so, you must read this blog until the end to understand this error completely. QuickBooks error code 6123 can appear when you try to open, upgrade, or restore your company files. This error can be caused by many reasons, such as corrupted files or using an external storage device to restore your company files.
If you are struggling with error code 6123 and are unable to troubleshoot it, you must get in touch with QB experts. Dial 855-955-1942 to get help from QuickBooks experts and consult the issues you are facing
Reasons Behind Error Code 6123 in QuickBooks Desktop
Here is a list of reasons that can trigger this QuickBooks error.
- A damaged Windows operating system might cause this error.
- You have an outdated version of QuickBooks.
- Restoring company files from an external storage device can cause this error.
- You could have a damaged or corrupted company file.
Expertly Advised Solutions to Fix Error 6123 0 QuickBooks
To fix this error, you can take the help of QuickBooks Tools Hub, run QuickBooks File Doctor, or reach out to the helpline team. Before following the troubleshooting steps below, ensure your QuickBooks desktop is updated, and you have a backup of your company files.
Note: Make sure to download the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop and also fix the damaged or corrupted Windows files. If the error isn’t fixed, move to the troubleshooting solutions below.
Step 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close QuickBooks for now.
- Go ahead and download the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version and save it where you can find it easily, like your Downloads folder or desktop.
- Open the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Now follow the instructions displayed on your screen to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When installation is done, double-click the icon on your desktop to open the tool hub, and if you can’t find it, then search QuickBooks Tool Hub manually.
Step 2: Run the Quick Fix My Program from Tool Hub
- Go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Choose ‘Program Problems.’
- Then select Quick Fix my Program.
Step 3: Run the File Doctor with the help of the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Navigate to the QuickBooks tool hub and select ‘Company File Issues’ there.
- Then choose ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor.’
- Select your company file from the drop-down menu, and if you don’t get your file there, select ‘Browse’ and search for the file.
- Now, choose ‘Check your file ‘ and then click on ‘Continue.
- Give your admin password, and then select ‘Continue.’
- Now, this tool will start repairing your company file; this can take some time.
- When the repair process is done, open QuickBooks and check whether the error is eliminated or not.
We hope this blog helped you troubleshoot this QuickBooks error 6123. If you face the error again, don’t hesitate to get professional help, dial 855-955-1942, and get in touch with the team of QB consultants.
The Following Blogs Can Help You : EXPLAINED: QuickBooks Form 941 | Setup, E-Pay, and E-File