What are the solutions for missing teeth? We will explain all the options to replace lost teeth and consequences. The best option for the lack of one or more teeth and to recover aesthetics and function after tooth loss, are dental implants in Shalimar Bagh.
Sometimes, many patients underestimate the value of the teeth, thinking that the lack of one of them is not significant. However, it is very important to replace a tooth. Tooth loss is a problem that affects many people, and that can cause endless dental problems and very negative consequences for your mouth, both in terms of aesthetics and chewing difficulties, explains the best dentist in Shalimar Bagh.
Solving the lack of teeth is essential to avoid alterations that can compromise both the aesthetics, chewing as well as the health of your mouth.
Replacing lost teeth promptly at the dental clinic in Shalimar Bagh helps to avoid future complications.
What are the best solutions for missing teeth?
The main consequences of tooth loss are chewing difficulties, occlusion problems or dental aesthetics, and a higher incidence of caries and periodontal diseases. Have you lost teeth? There are 4 solutions!
To solve the problem of missing teeth, there are different solutions that we propose at dental clinic in Shalimar Bagh, according to your needs and individual aspects in particular.
There are three solutions for the lack of dental pieces: the fixed bridge, the removable prosthesis, or dental implants.
Although all of them are valid, the best solution for missing teeth always depends on each particular case. As a general rule, the best solution to replace one or more teeth is dental implants in Shalimar Bagh.
Fixed bridge for missing one or more teeth
The fixed bridge is supported by the neighbouring teeth, so it needs to wear them down, thus weakening their dental structure.
It is a solution for missing teeth that provides the advantages of having a natural aesthetic, comfort, functionality and is a fixed treatment.
Removable prosthesis for missing teeth
Removable “removable” prostheses allow you to replace teeth at a very affordable price. However, they have the disadvantage that you have to remove them and that they do not allow a good chewing function.
Dental implants to restore missing teeth
Dental implants in Pitampura are the solution for the lack of dental pieces preferred by all people, due to the benefits they have.
Recovering lost teeth with dental implants allows you to recover the aesthetics and functionality of your mouth, with the highest possible quality.
Currently, the most used treatment in dental clinic in Pitampura to replace missing teeth is dental implants. It is the definitive solution and the best option currently available to recover teeth in relation to duration and aesthetic and functional compliance.
Causes of tooth loss
Tooth loss can be caused by different reasons such as caries, periodontal disease, trauma, etc.
Replacing a missing tooth as soon as possible is the best treatment for the health of your mouth. However, preventive measures to avoid missing teeth are always the best option, says the dentist in Pitampura.
Why should you replace a missing tooth? If you are missing one or more teeth, it is important to replace them as soon as possible. Untreated missing teeth can cause irreversible consequences for your oral health.
Why is it important to replace lost teeth?
Many times, we do not give great importance to the lack of teeth, since we may think that their function can be replaced by another tooth or because it is not visible. But this can lead to long-term problems. Let’s see some of them:
- Bone and gum loss in the area, thus affecting the surrounding teeth.
- Dental overload, since we will get used to chewing in the areas in which it is more comfortable for us, because we do not have any dental absence.
- Overload of the muscles of the TMJ (temporomandibular joint), due to not having a totally stable closure of the mandible and maxilla. This can lead to headaches, neck and earaches.
So, it is not about aesthetics and comfort, but about oral health.
Consequences of missing teeth
The consequences of tooth loss are:
- Distalization or mesialization movements. They are the movements made by the teeth that are adjacent to the space of the missing tooth. These pieces lean over their plane to occupy the empty space.
- Extrusion motion. The tooth that should contact the absent opposite tooth is extruded from the mandible or maxilla, vertically occupying the empty space.
- Bone loss. Due to the absence of a tooth, bone resorption is caused in the space of the lost tooth.
- Due to the loss of the tooth, you begin to chew in other areas of the mouth that will overload its functionality, triggering excessive wear in the area. As well as a unilateral alteration of the temporomandibular joint.
What happens if I don’t replace it?
It is impossible to be aware of the importance of dental pieces without knowing their functions. The importance of replacing fixed teeth is mainly due to their functions in the mouth.
- Masticatory. Where the incisors have a cutting function, the canines to tear and the molars to grind.
- Phonetics. The teeth act as a sounding board and allow sounds to be articulated.
- Aesthetic. The set of dental pieces constitute the support of the soft structures with which they ensure the position adopted by the facial muscles.
If you want to know what the best solution for missing teeth in your particular case is. And, how to recover lost teeth, consult with the best dentists in Pitampura. Our specialists will explain how to solve missing teeth in your particular case.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!