OST is an Offline Storage Table that contains all your data on your hard drive in an offline mode. In contrast, PST is Personal Storage Table that stores data online. Both files are of Outlook, but in OST files, there are drawbacks that if your file becomes corrupted, your data will be inaccessible, which is not good for an organization. With OST files, users cannot migrate data from one system to another; hence users convert OST to PST. Outlook PST files are easy to port; therefore, many users find it beneficial to have a backup in PST files. If you want to execute the conversion task, you are on the right platform. Read the whole page to find the best way to execute the conversion task.
Reasons Why Users Convert OST to PST-:
- After converting OST to PST, users can easily share data from one system to another.
- In the situation of an Exchange server crash, system failure, or virus attack, users will not be able to access their OST file data. While on the other hand, PST files are handy.
- After converting OST to PST files, users can recover data from a situation like accidental deletion.
- In case of a Lack of Storage Space, Server breakdown, or Virus Attacks, OST files are prone to corruption, which will lead to the inaccessibility of mail items which is not good for users. Hence users consider to convert OST to PST to overcome such a situation.
Ways to Execute the OST to PST Conversion Task-:
Generally, there are two ways to convert OST to PST, and the ways are; manual and professional. Both of them are different from each other. Manually users have to face many risks and limitations which are not as good for an organization. However, with a professional method, there are no limitations, although it is straightforward.
Limitations of the Manual method-:
- A major concern about converting OST to PST manually is that there are chances of data loss which is a great risk for every organization and every user.
- You must be an expert in the technical field to convert OST to PST manually.
- There are chances of human error while executing the task manually.
- By the manual way, users cannot transfer calendar entries.
- Batch conversion cannot be done by manual method.
- The manual method is time-consuming and tiring to convert OST to PST.
- This method doesn’t move offline data.
- Users can use the perfect Professional tool called Shoviv OST to PST Converter. The software has many advanced facilities, which makes the task easy to perform. It does not have any type of limitation.
- Features of the Shoviv OST to PST Converter Tool-:
- The software perfectly converts OST files to PST files.
- While converting tool does not alter the dignity of data and even the hierarchy of folders remains the same.
- The software can repair multiple corrupted OST files.
- The GUI of the software is so user-friendly that even non-tech users can convert OST to PST without any difficulty.
- It can even recover hardly deleted items like calendars, events, contacts, tasks, notes, etc.
- The tool allows you to split large PST files, and you can even set the size for the resultant PST file.
- It allows saving OST file items in various formats like HTML, EML, vCal, vCard and MSG, etc.
- The software allows migration from OST to Office 365.
- Just before the conversion process, users can preview their recovered PST files.
- The software has advanced features like Incremental export, which can resume the task from the last endpoint and with the feature, users can even prevent data from duplicity.
You can even try the software’s features before buying by downloading the free Demo version of the Shoviv OST to PST Converter Tool.
Here the end, after considering all the factors, it results that the manual method is risky that why it is not preferred. Users cannot take such great risks while manually converting OST to PST. However, with the professional method and a tool like Shoviv OST to OST Converter, there are no such risks. Even the software provides a Demo version that allows conversion of the first 50 items per folder. If users have any questions about the software’s working, they can contact the technical support team; nonetheless, the team is available 24*7 to guide them, which is the cherry on the cake.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!